2014 TriStar Neuroscience Symposium
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of the Neuroscience and Trauma Symposium, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the Open and Closed approach in the treatment of Arteriovenous Malformations.
- Identify rationale for anticoagulation reversal in the neuro-trauma patient.
- Discuss advanced stroke systems of care in relation to improved outcomes for stroke patients.
- Explain the components of the neurological assessment.
- Identify strategies in the management of increased intracranial pressure.
- Discuss the care of the traumatic brain and spinal cord patient.
- Identify the prevention, treatment and long term cognitive effects of delirium.
- Discuss the role of nurses in developing protocols in regards to the care of stroke patients.
- Review evidence-based practice of bedside swallowing examination.
Admission ratesHCA employees: FREE
nurse practitioners and PAs: $100
EMS & Students: $30
Attendance is limited - please register early.