2013 TriStar Neuroscience Symposium
October 25, 2013 | Music City Center
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of primary care physicians, emergency room physicians, hospitalists, registered nurses and other healthcare professionals involved in the care and management of patients with stroke and related disease.
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of the Neuroscience Symposium, the participant will be able to:
- Differentiate evidence-based stroke management methods across the continuum of care.
- Define elements of the medical and surgical management of Parkinson's disease.
- Define existing and new requirements for certification as either a primary stroke center or a comprehensive stroke center.
- Identify and discuss neurological conditions in the pediatric population.
- Manage evidence-based approaches for stroke and identify opportunities to improve such efforts within their own facilities.
- Identify the role and management for the pre/post tPA patient.
- Recognize the importance of early symptom recognition and treatment of stroke.
- Distinguish stroke symptoms based on the anatomical location of the stroke.
- Differentiate treatment options utilized in the rehabilitation of neurological patients.
- Identify mechanisms of injury, symptomology, treatment, and management in the neurological trauma patient.
Admission ratesHCA employee: FREE
nurse practitioners and other
clinical staff: $75
Attendance is limited - please register early.