2013 TriStar Neuroscience Symposium
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of the Neuroscience Symposium, the participant will be able to:
- Differentiate evidence-based stroke management methods across the continuum of care.
- Define elements of the medical and surgical management of Parkinson's disease.
- Define existing and new requirements for certification as either a primary stroke center or a comprehensive stroke center.
- Identify and discuss neurological conditions in the pediatric population.
- Manage evidence-based approaches for stroke and identify opportunities to improve such efforts within their own facilities.
- Identify the role and management for the pre/post tPA patient.
- Recognize the importance of early symptom recognition and treatment of stroke.
- Distinguish stroke symptoms based on the anatomical location of the stroke.
- Differentiate treatment options utilized in the rehabilitation of neurological patients.
- Identify mechanisms of injury, symptomology, treatment, and management in the neurological trauma patient.
Admission ratesHCA employee: FREE
nurse practitioners and other
clinical staff: $75
Attendance is limited - please register early.