Awards & Recognition
TriStar Health’s family of hospitals offers you and your family excellence in quality healthcare. Here’s just a few of our accomplishments in 2013 to better serve you and the communities we serve.
TriStar Health - System Awards
- Nine facilities recognized as Joint Commission Top Performers on Key Quality Measures
(Cartersville, TriStar Greenview, Parkridge, Redmond, TriStar Hendersonville, TriStar Horizon, TriStar Southern Hills, TriStar StoneCrest, TriStar Summit)
- Six hospitals received an “A” Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group
(TriStar Centennial, TriStar Skyline, TriStar Horizon, TriStar Southern Hills, TriStar StoneCrest, Cartersville)
- TriStar Health offers the area’s largest telemedicine network providing lifesaving 24/7 stroke care to many communities who don’t have a full-time neurologist
- TriStar Health partnered with (7) CareSpot Urgent Care Centers
- Many of our TriStar Health facilities are Chest Pain/Stroke and Cancer Accredited
- TriStar Health now has Breast Health coordinators at all Middle TN and KY facilities
- TriStar Health raised over $60,000 for the American Heart Association/Heart Walk.
- TriStar Health raised over $45,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Light the Night) event.
- Five facilities recognized as a Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction Centers
(TriStar Centennial, TriStar Greenview, TriStar Parkridge, TriStar Skyline, TriStar StoneCrest
Middle Tennessee FacilitiesTriStar Centennial Medical Center
- In 2013, TriStar Centennial was named #1 in the nation for Medical Excellence in Coronary Bypass Surgery by CareChex®
- First and only hospital in Tennessee to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® certification for its spine surgery program
- Earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® certification for its Joint Replacement – Knee and Hip program
- Opened full-service, free-standing Emergency Department in Spring Hill, Tennessee
- First and only hospital in Tennessee to earn American College of Radiology (ACR) Accreditation in Radiation Oncology
- Designated an American College of Radiology (ACR) Breast Center of Excellence
- Designated an Accredited Breast Center by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) Outstanding Achievement Award
- Voted “Best Hospital” in The Tennessean’s 2013 “Toast of Music City” Readers Choice Awards.
TriStar Centennial Women's & Children's Hospital
- TriStar Centennial Women’s & Children’s Hospital has established an 81-bed facility offering excellence in comprehensive children’s services from well child care to the crisis of traumatic injury and life-threatening illnesses that can be accessed 24/7 from any of our 10 emergency rooms located throughout Middle TN and Southern KY.
- Pediatric subspecialists are now available to parents and their children many areas: surgeons, intensivists, pediatric endocrinologist and pediatric gastroenterologist
- Launched Kids Express- a kid-friendly environment designed to provide timely, stress-free outpatient services like imaging and lab services for children up to age 18.
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center
- Has been approved to open a six-bed, level II-B neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Will open free-standing ER in Portland
TriStar Skyline Medical Center
- Named State’s 1st Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named by AARP as one of the nation’s safest hospitals
- Will launch Level II Trauma Services early next year making it the second trauma facility in Middle TN
- Was recognized as one of the nation’s Top Community Hospitals by Becker’s Hospital Review and one of the nation’s Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics
- Middle Tennessee’s only CARF accredited inpatient rehab
TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
- TriStar Southern Hills has opened a 20 bed, 18,000 square foot Joint and Spine Center
- 1st hospital in the state to earn the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for its acute coronary syndrome program
- Accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention program
TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
- Performed Middle Tennessee’s 1st single incision gallbladder removal
- Expanded its cardiac intervention services with the addition of two interventional cardiologists
- Opened an 8-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level IIB
- Added a second, 64-slice CT scanner for services including CT scan for stroke, cardiac scoring and coronary artery angiogram
- Celebrated their 10th Anniversary in October and has grown from a 75-bed medical center to a 109 bed medical center during that time
TriStar Summit Medical Center
- Will open their new 12 bed inpatient rehab facility in Dec. 2013 and their new 8 bed total joint center in Jan. 2014.
- One of the first hospitals in the nation to perform robotic gallbladder surgery
- Opened second cardiac catheterization lab
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Expanding physicians and diagnostic services in Mt. Juliet that is projected to open in 2014.
Chattanooga FacilitiesParkridge Medical Center
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center of Excellence for Cardiac Care and an Aetna Institute of Quality for Cardiac Care.
- Celebrated the grand opening of a new 64-bed Adult & Senior Behavioral Health Campus
Kentucky FacilitiesTriStar Greenview Regional
- Increased ER beds from 12 to 22
- Has expanded PACU unit from 7 to 15 recovery bays
- $1.5 million cath lab expansion
Northern Georgia FacilitiesCartersville Medical Center
- Received the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Silver Performance Achievement Award for 2013 – one of only 130 hospitals in the nation to receive this which recognizes four consecutive quarters with a performance standard of 90%.
Eastside Medical Center
- Launched new total joint program in collaboration with consultant Marshall Steele
Redmond Regional Medical Center
- Ranked Georgia’s #1 Medium-Sized hospital by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Currently holds ( 7) Disease Specific Certifications from the Joint Commission:
- Advanced Certification for Heart Failure Care
- Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Center
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Georgia Hospital Association - Quality Honor Roll- Trustee Category
- Georgia Hospital Association - Circle of Excellence - Partnership for Health and Accountability
- American College of Cardiology Foundations’ NCDR® Action Registry® GWTG™ Silver Performance Achievement Award
- American Heart Association’s GWTG-Heart Failure Gold Plus Achievement Award
- American College of Radiology Breast Center of Excellence
- Outpatient Wound and Hyperbarics Center:
- Center of Distinction – awarded by Healogics, Inc
- Robert A. Warriner III, MD, Center of Excellence Award – by Healogics, Inc