Treatment for Blood Cancer
Adult and pediatric patients with blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma, have access to renowned blood cancer physicians, the latest treatments and technology through Sarah Cannon at TriStar Health.
The Sarah Cannon Center for Blood Cancer at TriStar Centennial is part of the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, one of the world’s largest providers of blood and marrow transplants. We’re industry leaders in patient care and outcomes, committed to an unparalleled experience for patients seeking blood cancer treatment. We are proudly fighting cancer together with clinical trials and cancer research in Middle Tennessee.
Bone Marrow Transplants in Nashville
Together, we ensure patients with blood disorders have convenient access to compassionate, state-of-the-art care. Our multidisciplinary team performs both adult and pediatric blood and marrow transplants (BMT) and offers comprehensive, personalized treatment plans. In 2014, the center performed 63 adult and pediatric blood and marrow transplants.
Adult BMT Program
- Has performed more than 500 transplants since the program’s inception in 2006
- Offers physicians with decades of experience performing autologous and allogeneic transplants including related and unrelated blood and marrow transplants
- Includes support team of clinical psychologists, fertility specialists, oncology dieticians, oncology clinical pharmacists, case managers, art therapists and oncology social workers
Pediatric BMT Program
- Offers pediatric transplants from all donor sources
- Belongs to the Pediatric Blood and Transplant Consortium and Pediatric Immune Deficiency Treatment Consortium groups
- Includes team of child life specialists, clinical psychologists, fertility specialists, oncology dieticians, oncology clinical pharmacists, case managers, art therapists and oncology social workers
- Provides long-term follow-up program specifically designed to meet the needs of young transplant survivors