Women's & Children's Hospital at Centennial
- Women's & Children's Hospital at Centennial
From infancy and family care, to obstetrics and gynecology, to specialized cancer and heart treatment, to senior health concerns, TriStar Health System serves every phase in a woman's life with a blend of outstanding medical treatment and uncommon personal care. Women at every stage of life can count on receiving undivided attention and tailored treatment in any of the TriStar hospitals.
Maternity Services | Obstetrics
Whether you are a first-time mother, or have had children before, The Women's & Children's Hospital is dedicated to helping guide you through pregnancy and childbirth, and caring for your newborn.
The OB services offered by The Women's & Children's Hospital have one goal in mind: to ensure the best delivery experience possible. You and your newborn will be cared for in the warm, nurturing atmosphere of our labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms, or LDRP rooms. You can bond with your baby here, and get “hands on” experience under the guidance of our experienced nurses.
No other hospital can compare to Centennial's comprehensive adult and neonatal care capabilities for the delivering mother and baby coupled with extraordinary facilities. Insist on delivering at The Women's & Children's Hospital for uncompromising patient care and comprehensive clinical care.
Maternity service highlights include:
- Epidural pain management available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Level I, II and III newborn care is available.
OB/GYN Emergency RoomThe Women’s Hospital at Centennial Medical Center is home to Nashville’s first and only emergency room specializing in obstetrical and gynecologic care. The OB/GYN ER is staffed around the clock, ready to provide immediate assessment and intervention to women experiencing an obstetric or gynecologic emergency.
- An experienced team of neonatal nurses all certified in Neonatal CPR and all who are specially trained in stabilization and care of the critically ill newborn.
- Breastfeeding Consultants are available to teach you how to breast feed effectively
- Parents are encouraged to actively participate in the care of the infants. To facilitate this, parents are welcome in the unit 24 hours a day.
- Infant security is a top priority therefore a newborn monitoring system is in place.
- Prenatal care and family-centered education
- Siblings enjoy being able to meet their new brother and sister and we support this interaction.
- Nursing support for your choice of birth options
- Maternal Special Care Unit designed to prevent and treat complications such as pre-term labor, diabetes and other.
- Secured unit for the safety of our patients and their babies
- LDRP's for laboring, delivery, recovery & post-partum patients
- Fetal monitoring with centralized viewing at nurses' station
- Birthing beds
- Cesarean section/delivery rooms
Labor & Delivery Services
While the vast majority of infants are born healthy and without complications, sometimes special care is needed. For baby’s best health, Women's & Children's Hospital's expert neonatologists are providing care for your newborn at all facilities, plus our care is backed by the Level II NICU at The Women’s & Children's Hospital at Centennial should a higher level of care be needed.
Our NICU delivers the region’s leading care to infants born prematurely, and The Women’s & Children's Hospital at Centennial NICU provides transport services that allow access to this specialty care for parents throughout Middle Tennessee through our TriStar network of hospitals. Our experience and expertise results in these babies quickly reaching a level of maturity and health that allows them to go home and continue receiving care in their communities.
NICU SERVICES »
Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit - New!
The Women’s & Children’s Hospital recentlyexpanded to include a pediatric unit that offers care for infants and children up to age 18. The new unit features private rooms, sleeper sofas for parents and newly designed play and waiting areas for patients and their families. Our physicians are trained to meet the unique needs of children.
Expert Care from the Beginning
Start your pregnancy off right with pre-natal care from our highly skilled and experienced obstetricians. From tips on nutrition and exercise to sophisticated pre-natal testing and imaging, our pre-natal team provides comprehensive pregnancy care for both Mom and baby.
Need to find an obstetrician who is conveniently located and accepts your insurance plan? Call MedLine at 800-242-5662 and our friendly customer service representatives will help you find a physician who is right for you, and schedule your first appointment.
Helping You Prepare
The Women's & Children's Hospital helps you prepare for baby's arrival with a variety of pre-natal classes and childbirth educational opportunities. Our commitment continues even after delivery, as we offer classes and support in breastfeeding and baby care as we also keep a watchful eye for signs of perinatal/postpartum depression.
Women's & Children's Hospital's trusted name for quality and excellence in health care have made it the place women in our region turn to for healthcare services.
Centennial offers an extraordinary team of medical professionals to diagnose and treat gynecology diseases. When surgery is the best treatment option our gynecology surgeons are well known for their skill in cutting-edge gynecology surgery.
Centennial provides women in the area the services they need to live and feel their best. Whether you’re due for your first mammogram or in need of minimally-invasive or even robotic surgery for a specific condition, our staff has the knowledge to get you well and keep you well.
- Digital mammography, breast ultrasound and breast MRI
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery for gynecological and bladder concerns
- OB/GYN 24-hour Emergency Room delivering fast, specialized treatment to women needing gynecologic or obstetric care
- Full range of gynecology oncology services
- Reconstructive procedures for vaginal, bladder and rectal prolapse
- Combined gynecologic and plastic reconstructive surgery
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery including robotic surgery utilizing the DaVinci robot
- Reproductive endocrinology