Applicants will be considered on an individual basis; however, the following requirements must be met:
- U.S. citizens or individuals with permanent resident status (green card); we do not sponsor visas.
- Applicants must successfully complete USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 before an interview offer can be extended.
- Step 2CK, Step 2CS or COMLEX Level 2CE and Level 2PE must be successfully completed prior to ranking.
- Prefer no more than 2 years since completion of medical school to anticipated start of residency.
- Any breaks in education or work history must be explained.
- Applicants must be eligible for a residency training license in the State of Tennessee.
Frequently asked questions
What is the size of the program?
The Internal Medicine residency program will have 10 residents the first year, for 30 residents.
Do you accept Visas?
We accept J-1 visas on a case-by-case basis. We do not accept H-1B visas.
What can PGY1 residents expect the first year of the program?
We understand how stressful the first year of training in any residency can feel. At TriStar Centennial Medical Center, we want our first year residents to work hard and grow, but to do so in a supportive environment with assistance easily available when they need it.
Our Internal Medicine residency program supports a healthy work-life balance and the wellbeing of our residents. Throughout the year, we provide an engaging wellness curriculum that is open to feedback, recommendations and is driven in a direction that is ever evolving and tailored to our residents.