About TriStar Natchez ER
TriStar Natchez ER is dedicated to emergency care. Our experienced registered nurses and board-certified emergency medicine physicians will attend to you in a quiet, personal environment. Some of the features that help us keep you safe and give you superior care include:
- Advanced testing and imaging technology
- Comprehensive medical laboratory
- Decontamination room
- Eight private rooms, including a room for pediatric patients
- Helipad to expedite transport of seriously ill or injured patients
- Immediate access to the emergency specialists at TriStar Horizon Medical Center
- Negative-pressure room
- Safe rooms for patients requiring psychiatric evaluation
- Trauma/code room
If you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately.
Comprehensive emergency care in Dickson, Tennessee
As part of the TriStar Health family of hospitals, we have access to the 26 beds and additional emergency medicine and hospital services available at TriStar Horizon. This means we can help you get fast and reliable care, such as hospital admission or rehabilitation services, after your stay with us. We can also seamlessly connect you with specialized physicians throughout Middle Tennessee, if needed.
Common reasons to come to the ER
Our ER provides prompt, effective care for a variety of adult and pediatric emergencies. We fix common injuries, such as fractures and dislocations, and provide fast diagnose and treatment for life-threatening conditions, such as heart attacks and strokes.
Recognizing heart attack and stroke symptoms
Two of the most common life-threatening emergencies are heart attacks and strokes. In both cases, time is crucial. Quickly recognizing symptoms and calling for emergency care can save a life.
Signs of a heart attack
Chest pain is often a symptom of heart disease. It occurs when the blood vessels leading to the heart are blocked. This results in less blood, and therefore less oxygen, reaching the heart muscle. When the heart muscle is deprived of oxygen, chest pain and other symptoms result.
Other symptoms of a heart attack include:
- Cold sweat
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
- Unexplained anxiety
- Weakness or fatigue
Signs of a stroke
Stroke is a type of cardiovascular disease. It affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain bursts or is blocked by a clot. Part of the brain cannot get the blood and oxygen it needs, so it starts to die.
Symptoms of a stroke include sudden:
- Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Severe headache with no known cause
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Trouble walking, dizziness and loss of balance or coordination
Getting to the emergency room (ER)
TriStar Natchez ER is east of Highway 46, approximately one mile south of Interstate 40.
Follow signs toward the ER entrance, which is on the north side of the medical plaza.
To reach the Natchez ER, please call (615) 326-2960.