Emergency room (ER) in Ashland City
When medical emergencies occur, we are prepared to treat you with compassionate, life-saving care. Our ER at TriStar Ashland City Medical Center is available 24/7 with physicians and nurses who are specially trained in emergency care. As a part of the TriStar Health family of hospitals, we are focused on giving you fast and high-quality care right here in your community.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Highlights of our ER
When you choose our ER you are in good hands. We offer:
- 24/7 emergency care, including comprehensive imaging services
- Private treatment rooms
- TriStar Health physicians of all medical specialties on immediate call for emergencies that require their expertise
Recognizing emergency symptoms
Common reasons people come to the ER include: abdominal pain, broken bones, infections, cuts and foreign objects in the body.
However, two of the most common reasons we see people in the ER are heart attacks and strokes. In both cases, time is crucial. Being able to recognize the symptoms can help save the life of you or someone you love.
Chest pain is often a symptom of heart disease. It occurs when the blood vessels leading to the heart are blocked. This results in less blood, and therefore less oxygen, that reaches the heart muscle. When the heart muscle is deprived of oxygen, chest pain and other symptoms result. Chest pain of any kind needs a medical evaluation to determine its cause.
Heart attack symptoms may include:
- Cold sweat
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
- Unexplained anxiety
- Weakness or fatigue
A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or a burst. When that happens, part of the brain cannot get the blood and oxygen it needs, so it starts to die.
Symptoms of a stroke may include:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness or loss of balance/coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
Getting to the ER
Our emergency entrance is located directly off of Main Street. We offer a drop-off area and parking lot next to the entrance. When you first arrive at the ER, please check in at the front desk, and we will assist you as quickly as possible. Please bring a list of any medications you take with you.
Our address is:
313 N. Main St.
Ashland City, TN 37015
Emergency care at TriStar Health
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial
- The Outpatient Center at TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Ashland City
- TriStar Centennial
- TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital
- TriStar Greenview Regional
- TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Horizon
- TriStar Mt. Juliet ER
- TriStar Natchez ER
- TriStar Portland
- TriStar Skyline
- TriStar Southern Hills
- TriStar Spring Hill ER
- TriStar StoneCrest
- TriStar Summit