Surgery in Nashville, Tennessee
From preadmission through recovery, the surgery team at TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center has the expertise and dedication needed to make your treatment experience as comfortable and effective as possible. Our caring team includes surgeons, nurses and physicians with backgrounds in a variety of specialties. Together, we will work to ensure you are fully prepared for surgery.
We collaborate with a number of specialists to surgically treat a variety of conditions. The surgeries we offer include:
- Bariatric surgery
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Diagnostic surgery (e.g., endoscopy)
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery
- Gastroenterology surgery
- General surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Spine surgery
- Urologic surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Advanced surgical techniques
We are proud to offer minimally invasive surgeries, including robot-assisted surgery. These advanced techniques are only available for certain procedures, but we will recommend them whenever possible. Surgeries performed with these technologies are associated with numerous benefits, including:
- Less scarring
- Less bleeding
- Less pain
- Quicker recovery times
- Shorter hospital stay
What to expect during surgery
Patients experience various emotions related to surgery. To keep you as comfortable and informed as possible, we will walk you through every step of your treatment plan, including:
- Surgery prep and preoperative care
- What will happen on the day of surgery
- Postoperative care and recovery, which may include physical therapy
Pre-register for surgery
Follow the instructions your surgical team has given you before surgery. If you fail to follow these instructions, the appointment may need to be rescheduled. In general, some of the instructions you need to follow include:
- Do not eat (this includes candy or mints), drink, chew gum or smoke after midnight on the night before the surgery. You may brush your teeth, but do not swallow any water.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and low-heeled shoes to the hospital on the day of surgery. If you are having surgery on your head, neck or eyes, wear a shirt or blouse that opens in the front.
- Do not wear nail polish, makeup or jewelry.
- An adult must be present to accompany you home. This person should stay with you for at least 24 hours after surgery.
- Leave valuables, large amounts of cash, jewelry and credit cards at home or with a family member or friend for safekeeping.
If you become ill or develop new health problems at any time before surgery, call your physician or surgeon. Changes in your health may impact your surgeon's decision to move forward with the appointment.
Your doctor will provide discharge instructions outlining postoperative care. You will also receive a follow-up call from the hospital a few days after the surgery.
Arriving for surgery
On the day of surgery, report to the admissions desk two hours before your scheduled appointment. For outpatient appointments, expect to stay at the hospital for two to four hours after the procedure is completed.
Patients younger than 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One parent must be in the hospital at all times, even when the child is in surgery or postoperative care.
Our hospital is in South Nashville near the intersection of Highway 255 and Nolensville Pike. The address is:
391 Wallace Road
Nashville, TN 37211
You can access our medical campus from Wallace Road. Follow the signs to our main entrance and parking lot. Free valet parking is available Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm.
Surgery at TriStar Health
Surgery is a branch of medicine that involves treating diseases or injuries by adjusting or removing organs, tissues or bones. Surgery includes both necessary procedures like cardiac surgery, or elective procedures such as joint replacement.Learn about Surgery