Level II Trauma Center in North Nashville
At TriStar Skyline Medical Center, we are proud to serve Davidson County with comprehensive care for severely injured patients. As a Level II Trauma Center accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), we are committed to delivering excellence in trauma care by meeting rigorous national standards. From motor vehicle accidents to falls, we are equipped to handle the most critical emergencies.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Benefits of our trauma center
With traumatic injuries, time is crucial. Our hospital is designed to quickly care for severely injured patients and increase chances of survival. Features of our trauma center include:
- Access to emergency treatment across Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky
- Two helipads located directly outside the ER to provide rapid response time
- Trauma rooms located directly inside the ambulance entrance
- Critical care unit, surgical suites and advanced imaging located next to the ER for fast diagnosis and treatment
Experienced trauma team
Our trauma surgeons and physicians are on site 24/7 to provide the highest level of lifesaving care. Our care team also includes:
- Board-certified trauma surgeons
- Oral maxillofacial surgeons
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Trauma-trained staff
Coordinated emergency medical services (EMS) response
EMS professionals make split-second, lifesaving decisions when transferring patients to TriStar Skyline's ER. We work closely with EMS partners all over Middle Tennessee who provide care at the scene of an accident and safely transport patients to our hospital. In the meantime, our highly-trained trauma staff stands ready to receive these patients.
Preventing a traumatic injury
- Always use seat belts.
- Never drive or operate any equipment while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including certain prescription medications).
- Do not use a cell phone while driving.
- Keep poisons, medicine and cleaning supplies locked up and away from small children.
- Teach children to swim.
- Teach all family members about water safety.
- Develop a fire safety plan.
- Make sure all alarm and fire equipment is up to date (e.g., smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers).
- If you have firearms in the house, make sure they are kept unloaded and in a locked location.
- Wear the appropriate safety equipment for all sports and recreation activities (e.g., wear a helmet while biking).
- Wear appropriate protective gear when using power tools.
- Install night lights, grab bars and hand rails to help prevent falls in the home.
Trauma center at TriStar Health
Trauma centers provide highly-trained physicians, specialists, critical care nurses and support staff who are available around the clock to care for your most serious healthcare needs. Trauma centers often provide burn care for individuals suffering from minor to severe burns.Learn about Trauma center