October 26, 2021
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center today announced the completion of a $16.5 million renovation and construction project of the hospital’s Surgical Services Department.
The project, which impacted more than 23,000 square-feet of the hospital, included the addition of two new operating rooms, new PACU (post-anesthesia care unit) bays and a new prep/recovery room. More than 17,000 square-feet of perioperative space was renovated, with 6,000 square-feet of new construction added to the space.
“As the population has increased in Hendersonville and Sumner County in recent years, so has the need for additional space and services to meet the needs of our growing community,” said Justin Coury, chief executive officer at TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center. “We are fortunate to have an award-winning surgical program right here in Hendersonville that is supported by a highly skilled and diverse surgical team and staff, as well as a loyal community that depends on our hospital for their surgical services needs.”
TriStar Hendersonville’s newly renovated surgery department includes a total of 10 operating rooms, 10 PACU bays and 21 pre- and post-op recovery rooms. More than 100 board-certified surgeons perform a number of procedures at TriStar Hendersonville, including, cardiac, gynecological, orthopedic, plastic and reconstructive, prostate, spinal and vascular surgeries and a host of general surgical procedures. Many of the surgeons on staff perform complex minimally invasive procedures using the hospital’s two robotic surgical systems. In addition to improving clinical outcomes and redefining standards of care, robotic-assisted surgery patients often experience faster recoveries, less pain, less scarring and reduced hospital stays.
TriStar Hendersonville’s surgery program has earned numerous recognitions from Healthgrades™ in recent years, including:
- Recipient Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award (2021-2022)
- Named among the top 5% in the Nation for Gastrointestinal Surgery (2021-2022)
- Five-star Recipient for Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeries, Colorectal Surgeries, Treatment of GI Bleed and Treatment of Bowel Obstruction (2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery (Five Years in a Row)
- Named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for General Surgery (2021)
- Recipient General Surgery Excellence Award (2021)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery (2020)
- Five-star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement (2020)
In addition, TriStar Hendersonville earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement Certification in 2019. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective patient care.
To learn more about surgical services at TriStar Hendersonville, visit TriStarHendersonville.com.