Women's health specialists in the Greater Nashville area
From routine gynecologic care and help with menopause to childbirth and specialized cancer treatment, TriStar Health hospitals in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky serve women in every phase of life. We offer advanced, patient-centered medical care, where your well-being and comfort are always our top priority.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (800) 242-5662.
Comprehensive women's health services
Our breast specialists use the latest techniques to provide comprehensive breast health care to women of all ages. Our radiologists and physicians use advanced imaging technology and diagnostic procedures that can detect breast cancer in its earliest and most treatable stages.
Some common services that our breast specialists provide include:
- Mammograms, including 3D mammography
- Diagnostic breast imaging
- Breast biopsy procedures
- Breast cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Bone density testing for osteoporosis
Our gynecology services combine the talents of women's specialists with the latest in surgical procedures, including minimally invasive techniques. Surgery for gynecological conditions, treatment for urinary incontinence and diagnostic testing for menstrual irregularities are just a few of the gynecologic services provided at our facilities.
Other gynecology services include:
- Full range of gynecology-oncology services
- Reconstructive procedures for vaginal, bladder and rectal prolapse
- Combined gynecologic and plastic reconstructive surgery
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Minimally invasive robotic surgery to treat gynecologic conditions
- Reproductive endocrinology (infertility treatment)
- Treatment for pain caused by menopause, menstruation and menstrual irregularities
Maternity services and obstetrics
Our dedicated obstetricians (OBs) and maternity nurses guide you through pregnancy and childbirth. You and your newborn will be cared for in rooms designed for optimal comfort and intimacy for your family during labor and delivery.
Giving birth at one of our hospitals also gives you access to:
- Expert prenatal care
- Family-centered childbirth education classes
- State-of-the-art birthing suites with spa-like amenities
- Experienced teams of certified neonatal nurses who care for premature babies and newborns
- Level II and III Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs)
- Lactation boutiques and breastfeeding consultants
- Newborn monitoring system for infant security
Childbirth education and maternity tours
Our childbirth educators offer a wide array of classes for expecting families, covering topics such as preparing for labor, breastfeeding and infant CPR as well as courses designed for soon-to-be older brothers and sisters. They will help you and your family prepare mentally, physically and emotionally for the arrival of a baby. We also encourage expecting parents to tour our maternity units.
Emergency OB/GYN care
Some TriStar Health facilities offer specialized care for obstetrical or gynecologic emergencies. The OB/GYN emergency room (ER) at TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital, located near downtown Nashville, and TriStar StoneCrest's OB/GYN ER, located in Smyrna, are open 24/7 to provide care to women who are experiencing conditions such as:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Post-surgery complications
- Sever breast pain
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
If you are pregnant, you may go to the OB/GYN ER for:
- Antenatal conditions
- Pain/bleeding in early pregnancy
- Pre-term labor
In addition, the OB ER at TriStar Summit in Hermitage has OB hospitalists on staff 24/7 to help with obstetrical emergencies.