Women's imaging center in Hendersonville, Tennessee
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center and TriStar Women's Imaging - Hendersonville are dedicated to serving the women of Sumner County. We partner to diagnose conditions and deliver results while providing compassionate, quality care. Our goal is to make accurate, timely diagnoses and report results to referring physicians as quickly as possible, so you can get the treatment you need, faster.
Our imaging centers are designed for comfort and convenience. With our spa-like atmosphere and an all-women staff, we help you feel at ease during any examination.
To schedule your mammogram or other diagnostic breast exam, please call (615) 695-7227.
Accredited breast imaging services
TriStar Hendersonville is an Accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. We earned this recognition for achieving high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs.
Diagnostic imaging procedures we perform
Our breast health specialists offer a wide range of breast diagnostic services using advanced medical imaging technology. You can visit our imaging center for the following:
- Bone density screening: This test uses a specialized machine to diagnosis osteoporosis before a broken bone occurs. It helps also estimates bone density, which can help identify your risk of developing breast cancer.
- Breast ultrasound: A breast ultrasound uses sound waves to create pictures of the internal structures of the breast. It is used to help diagnose breast abnormalities your doctor may have found during a physical or mammogram.
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): A breast MRI uses a magnetic field, radio waves and a computer to produce detailed pictures of the structures within the breast. This tool is typically used alongside a mammogram or ultrasound.
- Core biopsy: During this procedure, a needle is passed through the skin to take a sample of tissue from a mass or lump.
- Digital mammography: This type of mammography system uses detectors similar to those found in digital cameras. The solid-state detectors convert X-rays into electrical signals.
- Needle localization: Before a breast biopsy or breast surgery, needle localization is a procedure used to locate a breast abnormality that can be seen on a mammogram, but not felt during a physical exam.
- Stereotactic breast biopsy: A stereotactic breast biopsy is a procedure that uses mammography to identify and examine a breast abnormality. Your doctor may recommend this exam if something suspicious appears on your mammogram that cannot be felt during a physical exam.
TriStar Hendersonville also has the region's only dedicated breast MRI table and the latest in software technology. These allow both breasts to be scanned during one exam without sacrificing image quality.
Preparing for your breast imaging procedure
Exams that screen for breast cancer vary in type and purpose. Because of this, you may have to prepare for each test differently. It is important to follow any instructions your doctor provides you before your procedure. However, you can use the following as general guidelines:
- If possible, fax a medical record release form so we can request any prior imaging tests or bring prior results with you. Not having this can delay the report for your current exam.
- Bring a list of current medications and medication allergies.
- Do not wear talcum powder, deodorant, lotion or perfume under your arms or on your breasts to the exam.
- Wear a two-piece outfit so your top and bra can be easily removed. We will provide you with a robe.
- Be prepared to remove any jewelry.
- Inform your technologist before the exam if there is a possibility you are pregnant.
- Prior to the appointment, refrain from taking aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E or fish oil. If you are on blood thinners, please call our team at (615) 824-7249 for instructions at least one week before your exam.
- Tell your primary care doctor about any recent illnesses or other medical conditions.
- On the day of your appointment, please arrive at the center 20 minutes before your appointment time to check in.
If you are having a ductogram, do not squeeze or manipulate the nipple prior to the exam. Sometimes there is only a small amount of fluid, and it is necessary to see where that fluid is coming from. Also, be sure to tell your radiologist if you have any allergies, especially to barium or iodinated contrast materials.
If you are having a needle localization, please have someone drive you to your appointment. Your driver must remain on the premises and drive you to TriStar Hendersonville after this procedure for your surgery.
You can also register online for your breast exam.
Where to find TriStar Women's Imaging - Hendersonville
To ensure easier scheduling, our women's imaging center is located close to TriStar Hendersonville. For more information, you can reach us at (615) 824-7249. To schedule an appointment, please call (615) 695-7227.
Our address is:
201 North Anderson Lane, Suite 100
Hendersonville, TN 37075
Breast health at TriStar Health
From regular checkups and screenings to the latest imaging technologies and treatments, you can access all our expert breast care services at our convenient location.Learn about Breast health
- TriStar Centennial
- TriStar Centennial Women's Health & Imaging Center
- TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital
- TriStar Greenview Regional
- TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Horizon
- TriStar Natchez ER
- TriStar Skyline
- TriStar Southern Hills
- TriStar StoneCrest
- TriStar Summit
- TriStar Summit Imaging at Lebanon
- TriStar Summit Imaging at Mt. Juliet
- TriStar Women's Imaging - Hendersonville