Cardiovascular care in Bowling Green, Kentucky
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital was one of the first six hospitals in the country to view plaque build-up in the heart using computed tomography (CT) scans. Since then, our cardiologists have continued to set the standard for excellent cardiac care. Today, we provide fast, accurate treatment and prevention for heart attacks and heart disease.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (270) 495-6675.
Heart screening tests
We use the latest diagnostic tools and techniques to give our heart doctors a complete look at your cardiovascular system. As part of our comprehensive diagnostic imaging services, heart screening and imaging tests we provide include:
- Angiograms (X-rays of blood or lymph vessels)
- Cardiac catheterization (using a catheter inserted in the heart to measure blood pressure and flow)
- Doppler ultrasound (using high-frequency sound waves to measure blood flow)
- Echocardiograms (ultrasounds of the heart)
- Electrocardiograms, or EKGs (recording the heart's electrical activity)
- Positron emission tomography/computed tomography (CT), or PET/CT, scans (using a special dye containing radioactive tracers to detect disease)
- Cardiac calcium scoring
Advanced cardiovascular imaging technology
We connect patients with the latest technologies to ensure our imaging services are as comfortable and accurate as possible. For example, we use portable EKG systems to monitor heart activity for up to 48 hours. Technologies such as these enable cardiologists to collect extensive, detailed information about your heart health.
Additional cardiovascular services
In addition to imaging tests, our cardiovascular services include:
- Angioplasties (repairing or unblocking a blood vessel)
- Cardiac defibrillator implantation (implanting a defibrillator to treat an abnormal heart rhythm)
- Pacemaker implantation (inserting a pacemaker to treat a low heart rate)
- Intra-aortic balloon pump, or IABP, therapy (a device to help your heart pump blood)
Cardiac catheterization lab
Our cardiac catheterization (cath) lab, conveniently located near our emergency room (ER), features state-of-the-art equipment and technology. We can perform certain diagnostic tests and interventional procedures in this laboratory.
For more information or to make an appointment, call our cath lab at (270) 793-2199.
Emergency cardiovascular care
Our cardiovascular specialists are trained and certified to treat chest pain quickly. This fast response to emergencies involving chest pain is a vital part of providing lifesaving care. We also partner with our local emergency medical services (EMS) teams, who can send us your heart tests from an ambulance. This information enables us to activate our cardiac catheterization lab and emergency services teams before you even arrive at the hospital.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
We are an accredited Chest Pain Center, as designated by the American College of Cardiology. Our emergency services are distinguished from others in several key ways, including:
- Detailed assessment of patient health
- Rapid diagnosis and treatment of chest pain
- Higher-level competency and training of our personnel
Directions to our hospital
Our hospital is west of Highway 231 and south of Nashville Road in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Our address is:
1801 Ashley Circle
Bowling Green, KY 42104
You can reach our hospital from Andrea Street, Ashley Circle or Rockingham Avenue. The visitor entrance faces the intersection of Andrea Street and Ashley Circle. After parking, proceed through the visitor's entrance to check-in for your appointment. If needed, our ER entrance is on the southeast side of the medical campus.
Cardiology at TriStar Health
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology