Imaging center in Dickson, Tennessee
TriStar Horizon Medical Center offers state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging services in Middle Tennessee. Whether you are seeing us for a routine mammogram, a CT scan or need preoperative X-rays, our expertly trained medical staff provide an effortless and comfortable experience.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (800) 242-5662.
You may need medical imaging services for a variety of reasons. For example, we often see patients to help diagnose heart conditions or bone and joint injuries. Your doctor may also ask you to come in for preoperative (before surgery) exams or a follow-up to a prior gynecologic exam.
We offer nonsurgical and surgical imaging services. Our noninvasive options include:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Diagnostic radiography
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Nuclear medicine
- Lung scans
- Parathyroid scans
- Renal scans
- Thyroid uptakes and scans
Surgical diagnostic procedures we perform include:
Breast cancer screening
In addition to the services above, we offer specialized tests for screen for breast cancer, such as mammograms and biopsies. Our imaging center also performs bone density testing to determine your bone strength and any risk of osteoporosis.
Interventional radiology (IR)
In our state-of-the-art IR suite, patients have access to advanced vascular and image-guided treatment options. Here, our technology provides one of the largest possible fields of view for vascular and interventional imaging. This allows physicians to clearly visualize blood vessels in bony or dense soft tissue.Using this minimally invasive technology, doctors can perform a variety of interventional surgical procedures, including:
- Kyphoplasty (surgery to treat spinal compression fractures)
- Dialysis catheter placement (inserting a catheter used to exchange blood to and from a patient)
- Port placement (inserting a port underneath the skin, which may be used to draw blood or give treatments)
- Thoracentesis (inserting a needle between the lungs and chest wall to remove excess fluid)
- Paracentesis (peritoneal cavity is punctured by a needle to sample peritoneal fluid)
- Epidural steroid injections (injecting corticosteroids and a local anesthetic into the epidural space around the spinal cord)
How to schedule an imaging test
Most outpatient and inpatient appointments are made through the central scheduling office. When calling to make an appointment, the following information about the patient should be available:
- Date of birth
- Home telephone
- Work telephone
- Type of insurance
- Insurance policy number (if applicable)
- Diagnosis and symptoms
- Procedure/test to be scheduled
You will need to fax your doctor's order or bring the document with you on the day of testing. You can confirm the order by contacting your doctor's office.
For more information, call our radiology department at (615) 326-2900.
Where to find our imaging centers
We offer imaging services at our hospital in Dickson and at the imaging center at TriStar Natchez ER, our affiliated, off-campus emergency room (ER).
Our hospital-based location is near the intersection of Mathis Drive and Henslee Drive. We are on the east side of the city at:
111 Highway 70 East
Dickson, TN 37055
On the day of your test, you can enter the east pavilion and go directly to the admissions area on the first floor. Parking is available in front of the hospital's main entrance, which faces south toward Highway 70.
TriStar Natchez ER and imaging center is in the medical plaza approximately one mile south of Interstate 40. The address is:
101 Natchez Park Drive
Dickson, TN 37055
The imaging center’s entrance is next to the ER. Park and proceed inside to check in for your appointment.
Imaging services at TriStar Health
Imaging services refers to the performance of imaging exams for better visualization and treatment of medical conditions. Different exams allow radiologists and physicians to view structures and activity within the body. Imaging exams are vital for diagnosis and there are a wide range of tests that can be performed.Learn about Imaging services
- The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial
- The Outpatient Center at TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Ashland City
- TriStar Centennial
- TriStar Centennial Women's Health & Imaging Center
- TriStar Greenview Regional
- TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Horizon
- TriStar Imaging & Diagnostics Brentwood - Southern Hills
- TriStar Natchez Imaging Center
- TriStar Portland
- TriStar Skyline
- TriStar Southern Hills
- TriStar Spring Hill ER
- TriStar StoneCrest
- TriStar Summit
- TriStar Summit Imaging at Lebanon
- TriStar Summit Imaging at Mt. Juliet
- TriStar Summit Outpatient Center
- TriStar Women's Imaging - Hendersonville