Imaging and diagnostics in Nashville, Tennessee
TriStar Centennial Medical Center offers a full range of diagnostic services. Our specially trained technologists use advanced equipment in several locations throughout the Greater Nashville area. Whether you need a routine exam or more specialized screening, we can provide it.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (800) 242-5662.
Types of diagnostic imaging we perform
We provide patients access to a wide variety of medical imaging procedures, including:
- Computed tomography (CT) scan: A CT scan is a computerized X-ray imaging procedure in which a narrow beam of X-rays is aimed at a patient and quickly rotated around the body to produce cross-sectional images or "slices" of the body.
- Calcium scoring cardiac CT: This type of CT scan uses specialized X-ray equipment to create pictures of the coronary arteries to see whether they are blocked or narrowed by the buildup of plaque.
- Digital mammography: Digital mammography uses low-energy X-rays to examine breast health. The goal of mammography is to aid in the early detection of breast cancer.
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scan: A DEXA scan is a high-precision X-ray that measures bone mineral density and bone loss. It helps identify a risk for osteoporosis and bone fractures.
- DEXA body fat analysis: Considered one of the most accurate and precise body fat tests available, this 10-minute exam provides a comprehensive breakdown of bone, fat tissue and muscle mass.
- Endoscopy: During an endoscopy, your doctor uses a flexible tube with a light and camera attached to it to view pictures of your digestive tract.
- Interventional radiology: Interventional radiology involves minimally invasive image-guided diagnosis and treatment of various injuries and diseases.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): An MRI is a test that uses a computer, magnets and radio waves to created detailed images of the inside of the body.
- Breast MRI: Breast MRIs create detailed pictures of the inside of the breast.
- Cardiac MRI: A cardiac MRI is a painless imaging exam to create images of the heart.
- Open MRI: An open MRI differs from a standard MRI to be accommodating for patients who are claustrophobic, obese or pediatric. Open MRI scanners do not completely surround the body and are open on two or three sides.
- Nuclear medicine: Nuclear medicine is a specialized form of radiology that uses small amounts of radioactive material to examine organ structure and function.
- Positron emission tomography (PET): PET is a type of nuclear medicine that measures metabolic activity of the cells of body tissues.
- Radiofrequency ablation: Radiofrequency ablation procedures use heat energy to destroy abnormal tissue. During this procedure, the heat is targeted toward the abnormal area and does not damage healthy tissue.
- 3D stereotactic breast biopsy: A stereotactic breast biopsy is a procedure that uses mammography to help your doctor identify and biopsy an abnormality within the breast.
- Lung cancer screening: We offer patients access to advanced technology to aid in the detection of lung cancer. This equipment enables an earlier and more accurate diagnosis of small and hard-to-reach nodules within the lungs.
Using the picture archive and communications system (PACS), our physicians can access digital images and view your test results online (instead of having to look at them in person), allowing for a faster diagnosis.
Pediatric imaging services
For our smaller patients, we realize having an imaging exam can be a scary experience. That is why all of our specialists at The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial are trained on how to perform exams for pediatric patients and our equipment is designed to make them feel more comfortable and less intimidated.
Referrals and appointments
Physician referrals are required for all diagnostic imaging services. To schedule and confirm appointments, please call the hospital's Central Scheduling office at (615) 695-7230.
Our imaging locations
We have several imaging centers throughout the Greater Nashville area:
TriStar Centennial Imaging Department (main campus)
2300 Patterson St., First floor
Nashville, TN 37203
Two of our medical imaging facilities are in the Medical Park building on the TriStar Centennial campus:
Centennial Endoscopy Center
330 23rd Ave. North, Suite 400
Nashville, TN 37203
We also offer outpatient diagnostic imaging and laboratory services south of Nashville in Spring Hill, serving South Williamson County and Maury County:
Imaging services at TriStar Health
Imaging services refers to the performance of imaging exams for better visualization and treatment of medical conditions. Different exams allow radiologists and physicians to view structures and activity within the body. Imaging exams are vital for diagnosis and there are a wide range of tests that can be performed.Learn about Imaging services
- The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial
- The Outpatient Center at TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Ashland City
- TriStar Centennial
- TriStar Centennial Imaging Center
- TriStar Centennial Women's Health & Imaging Center
- TriStar Greenview Regional
- TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Horizon
- TriStar Natchez Imaging Center
- TriStar Portland
- TriStar Skyline
- TriStar Southern Hills
- TriStar Spring Hill ER
- TriStar StoneCrest
- TriStar Summit
- TriStar Summit Imaging at Lebanon
- TriStar Summit Imaging at Mt. Juliet
- TriStar Summit Outpatient Center
- TriStar Women's Imaging - Hendersonville