Neurology specialists in Smyrna, Tennessee
Neurologists at TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center in Rutherford County are specially trained to treat strokes and other complex neurological conditions, such as epilepsy. We use the latest technology to provide lifesaving care for neurological emergencies.
We also offer comprehensive rehabilitation programs to aid in recovery and symptoms management. Additionally, as part of the TriStar Health family of hospitals, we can easily connect you to leading neuroscience experts across Middle Tennessee.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (800) 242-5662.
We take a multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of brain, spine and nervous system disorders. Here, you will get to work with neurologists who specialize in a wide range of areas, including:
- Brain injuries/tumors
- General neurology
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neuromuscular diseases, such as Lou Gehrig's disease
- Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Stroke (cerebrovascular accident)
Center for neurological rehabilitation
We have a 3,000-square-foot outpatient neurological rehabilitation center to help patients recover from stroke, brain injuries or concussions. Our dedicated neurologists will work with you to restore normal function and independence while you heal.
Neurological rehab combines occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy. We will customize different aspects of these programs to create a rehabilitation plan tailored to your diagnosis. For example, a patient who has had a stroke may have a program focused on areas such as balance, mobility, speech and cognition.
Neurological rehab services we offer
The goal of neurological rehabilitation is to maximize your functional independence and overall health. Neurorehabilitation services offered at our hospital include:
- Arm movement training
- Balance training
- Cognitive rehabilitation (e.g., rehabilitation to help with memory and problem solving)
- Communication training (e.g., language comprehension and expression)
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulties) program
- Functional, practical training on common household surfaces and in real-life situations using a fully stocked kitchen, dining room and living area
- Low-vision testing and treatment
- Pre-driving skills and training using computer simulation
- Spasticity (a condition in which certain muscles are continuously contracted) management, including casting and splinting
- Team and family meetings to guide rehabilitative care planning
- Vestibular training (improve balance and reduce issues related to dizziness)
Arriving for appointments at our hospital
TriStar StoneCrest is south of Sam Ridley Parkway and just east of Interstate 24. Our address is:
200 StoneCrest Blvd.
Smyrna, TN 37167
Parking is available by our hospital's main entrance and by the emergency room (ER). The main admitting area is on the first floor of the hospital, just inside the front entrance.
Outpatient services are available during the week and on Saturdays.
Appointments at the Neurological Rehabilitation Center
The Neurological Rehabilitation Center is located in our physical therapy department, which is inside the Physician's Building near our hospital. Park on the west side of the TriStar StoneCrest medical campus and proceed inside the Physician's Building. After entering through the main entrance, the physical therapy department will be on your right.
Neurological care at TriStar Health
Neurological care is the practice of medicine that focuses on the treatment, function and diagnosis of diseases relating to the nerves and nervous system. Neurologists and neurosurgeons treat disorders that affect the brain or spinal cord.Learn about Neurological care
- Centennial Neuroscience
- Middle Tennessee Neurology and Sleep Medicine
- Skyline Neuroscience Associates
- The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial
- TriStar Centennial
- TriStar Greenview Regional
- TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Horizon
- TriStar Mt. Juliet ER
- TriStar Skyline
- TriStar Southern Hills
- TriStar Spring Hill ER
- TriStar StoneCrest
- TriStar Summit