24/7 children's emergency room (ER) in Nashville
When your child needs emergency care, trust the experts at TriStar Health hospitals. Our pediatric ERs are staffed 24/7 by teams of emergency doctors who are ready to meet your child's unique needs.
If your child has a medical emergency, call 911.
We strive to treat children promptly in a comfortable, compassionate environment. Our goals are to provide short ER times and ensure you have access to:
- Specialized pediatric emergency doctors
- Experienced emergency staff
- Child-friendly facilities
- Pediatric specialists
When should you go to the pediatric ER?
Children are susceptible to illnesses and injuries, so it can be difficult to know when you should go to the ER. Many common ailments, such as colds, can be treated at your pediatrician's office or an urgent care clinic. However, if your child is running a high or persistent fever, they may need emergency care.
Call your doctor or go to the ER if your child is:
- Three months old or younger and has a fever greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Between three months and three years old and has a fever greater than 102 degrees Fahrenheit
- Three years old or older and has a fever greater than 102 degrees Fahrenheit that lasts more than two days
In addition to fevers, your child may have symptoms requiring medical attention. Call your doctor or go to the ER if your child has:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- A severe allergic reaction
- Severe or chronic pain
- A fracture or dislocation
Where do you go for pediatric emergencies?
When the unexpected happens, knowing what to do and where to go can give you peace of mind. It is also an important
part of getting your child the best care available.
TriStar Health ERs throughout Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky offer pediatric care. However, we also have two pediatric ERs that are specially equipped and staffed for pediatric emergencies. Those ERs are located at: