Surgical care in Bowling Green, Kentucky
Our hospital in Southern Kentucky uses the latest surgical technology to perform a range of procedures. From joint replacements to neurosurgery, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital's experienced surgical team is ready to provide the treatment you need. Inpatient and outpatient procedures are available, and you will have access to physical therapists to help you recover from surgery as fully as possible.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (270) 495-6675.
Our surgeons use the latest technologies and techniques, including minimally invasive methods. Surgical specialties available at our hospital include:
- Cataract surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery (e.g., colon surgery and gallbladder removal)
- General surgery (e.g., adenoidectomy, appendectomy and tonsillectomy)
- Gynecologic surgery (e.g., breast surgery and procedures related to the reproductive system)
- Orthopedic surgery (e.g., joint replacement and spine care)
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery (e.g., liposuction, face lifts and breast augmentation)
- Prostate surgery (e.g., prostatectomy or resection of the prostate)
Through robot-assisted technology, our surgeons can operate with greater precision using smaller incisions than what is possible with traditional surgery.
During robot-assisted surgery, your surgeon sits at a control panel and guides the surgical instruments. A console provides a 3D, high-definition view of your anatomy with accurate depth perception. The surgeon controls the robotic arms, which manipulate tissue with more dexterity and accuracy than what is humanly possible, to perform the procedure.
We offer robotic surgery in the following areas:
- Gynecology (hysterectomies, myomectomies and surgeries for uterine conditions)
- Urology (prostatectomies and other types of surgery for prostate cancer)
- General surgery (gallbladder removal, hernia repair and colon resection)
Benefits of robotic surgery
Benefits associated with this technology include:
- Faster recovery
- Less blood loss
- Less pain
- Less risk of infection
- Less scarring
- Shorter hospital stay
Your doctor may recommend a minimally invasive procedure using an endoscope to diagnose a condition or confirm the effectiveness of treatment. An endoscope is a thin tube with a light on the end that is inserted into the body. Examples of endoscopic procedures we perform include:
- Biopsies (removal of a cell or tissue sample to check for cancer)
- Colonoscopies (examining the large and small bowel via colonoscope)
- Bronchoscopies (examining the lungs and air passages via bronchoscope)
- Esophagus scopes (examining the esophagus, stomach and upper duodenum via endoscope)
- PH monitoring (a test measuring how often stomach acid enters the esophagus)
Rehabilitation after surgery
For many patients, physical therapy is an important part of the recovery process. If needed, we can connect you with a professional who will provide guidance on the best ways to restore strength, balance and mobility after your procedure. We also offer neurorehabilitation, which is a special type of neurological care tailored to manage symptoms related to disorders affecting the central nervous system.
Arriving for surgery
Our hospital is west of Highway 231 and approximately 1.5 miles south of Nashville Road. Our address is:
1801 Ashley Circle
Bowling Green, KY 42104
If you are arriving for inpatient surgery, park in the spaces available outside the hospital's main entrance (the east side of campus near the intersection of Andrea Street and Ashley Circle). Proceed inside, and we will help you check in at our admissions desk.
For outpatient procedures, follow signs toward the entrance facing Andrea Street.
Surgery at TriStar Health
Surgery is a branch of medicine that involves treating diseases or injuries by adjusting or removing organs, tissues or bones. Surgery includes both necessary procedures like cardiac surgery, or elective procedures such as joint replacement.Learn about Surgery