Gynecologists in Nashville and Bowling Green
At TriStar Health hospitals, we provide compassionate and skilled gynecologic care for women in all stages of life across Middle Tennessee and South Central Kentucky. From your first period through menopause, our comprehensive services include routine and preventive care as well as advanced treatment for complex gynecologic issues.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (800) 242-5662.
As part of our women's health services, our family of hospitals is staffed by gynecologists who offer expert care tailored to women's needs and collaborate with specialists across other departments to address your specific healthcare issues. Whether you are exploring where to have your baby or simply need a mammogram, we are here for you.
Our approach to women's lifelong health includes educational information for contraception and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Helping women understand their bodies and options in this way is a crucial part of our complete care for women.
Our other gynecology services include:
- Abnormal bleeding
- Abnormal pap smear management
- Annual exams ("well-woman" visits)
- Breast cancer screening and imaging
- Contraception counseling and procedures
- Evaluation and management of heavy, irregular or painful menstrual cycles
- Fibroid pain evaluation and treatment
- Gynecologic cancer screening
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Infertility evaluation, testing and treatment
- Menopause management
- Osteoporosis management
- Pap smears
- Pelvic pain evaluation and treatment
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) and STI screening and treatment
- Urinary incontinence evaluation and treatment
Screening for cancer is part of the care we offer patients. Gynecologic cancers include those that begin in a woman's reproductive system. The primary types of gynecologic cancers are cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal and vulvar.
If abnormal results are found or a cancer diagnosis is given, our gynecologists and women's specialists work closely with our oncology department to provide patient-focused care with compassion during this difficult time.
Gynecologic cancer and other women's health issues may sometimes require surgical treatment.
Some of the gynecologic surgeries we specialize in include:
- Bladder repair
- Cystocele repair
- Diagnostic laparoscopies (with or without laser)
- Endometriosis procedures, such as endometrial ablation
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Permanent sterilization techniques
- Stress incontinence treatment
- Ovarian cyst removal
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Tubal ligations
We offer minimally invasive surgery to reduce the scarring, bleeding and discomfort associated with traditional surgery. Minimally invasive surgery, including robotic surgery, uses advanced techniques that require smaller incisions than traditional surgery.
During robotic surgery, mechanical "arms" are controlled by a specially trained surgeon throughout the procedure. Robotic assistance allows surgeons to access difficult-to-reach places and perform surgery with greater precision and control then what the human hand can do on its own. Because everything can be done through small incisions, patients experience reduced pain, blood loss and trauma to the body.