Maternity care in Smyrna, Tennessee
At TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center, our specially trained maternity staff, individualized approach to care and ample amenities will help ensure your pregnancy and birth experience are as comfortable and joyful as possible. Our family-centered environment offers a home-like atmosphere equipped with birthing balls, peanut balls, aromatherapy and music therapy for a customized experience.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (800) 242-5662.
We are dedicated to making your pregnancy a happy and healthy one. Our maternity services area has spacious rooms, and we have a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) offering basic and advanced support for newborns who need extra care.
Maternity center amenities
From before your labor starts to after you give birth, we provide comprehensive childbirth services to make your entire experience memorable and unique. Along with virtual visitation and in-room dining, our maternity center offers a wide range of amenities to make your stay more comfortable, including:
- Birthing suites: Our oversized labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) suites allow you and a support person to go through the entire birth process in the same room. You are then transferred to a private postpartum suite for the remainder of your stay.
- Family waiting area: A comfortable family waiting area is just steps from our LDR rooms, postpartum suites and the nursery.
- Lullaby button: To celebrate your newborn, we provide a lullaby button you may push to announce the safe arrival of your baby.
- Pain management: We offer nitrous oxide gas as an alternative to traditional pain medication for labor. Some women choose this instead of (or in addition to) an epidural. To further customize the birthing experience, mothers can self-administer the nitrous oxide through an on-demand flow delivery system, which is available in all stages of labor.
- Professional newborn photos: If desired, the hospital provides a professional photographer who can take pictures of our newborn during the postpartum period of your stay. Digital photos are made available at a secure web nursery, which lets parents share photos of their newborns with friends and family around the world.
- Well-baby nursery: The well-baby nursery is the area in which we perform baby's standard exams. It is also a nurturing place for baby to stay when you need assistance. However, we do promote minimal separation at our hospital. Unless special care is needed, your baby may stay in the room with you as much as you like.
- Wireless fetal/maternal monitoring: Wireless fetal/maternal monitoring is a flexible monitoring solution that does not require repositioning. It provides greater freedom of movement during labor and a more comfortable birthing experience. It also significantly reduces the likelihood of maternal/fetal heart rate confusion and produces consistent, reliable data for patients with a high body mass index (BMI).
Our Pregnancy Journey series focuses on different stages of your pregnancy. These classes can help you and your family prepare for your little one's arrival. They cover topics such as what to expect at doctors' appointments, signs of labor, pain management and newborn care. The series is broken into three parts:
- Pregnancy series 1: 20-27 weeks pregnant
- Pregnancy series 2: 28-33 weeks pregnant
- Pregnancy series 3: 34+ weeks pregnant
Maternity center tours
This tour is a great way to familiarize yourself and your family with our many birthing options and state-of-the-art facilities. You will visit our comfortable, family-oriented birthing area - including our LDR suites, postpartum suites and newborn nursery. Your guide will answer any questions you have about your hospital stay.
For more information about event registration at our hospitals, call TriStar MedLine® at (615) 342-1919 .
TriStar StoneCrest offers expecting and new moms comprehensive lactation services. Our certified lactation consultants are committed to supporting all your breastfeeding needs.
Before baby arrives
We support you with prenatal visits, bra and maternity belt fittings and breastfeeding classes. These parenting classes provide helpful information about breastfeeding your baby, including the benefits of breastfeeding, proper positioning and latching, pumps and supplies, when and where to get help and how to avoid common issues.
When baby arrives
Immediately following birth, a lactation consultant will visit with you one-on-one. They will help you select the right breast pump and coach you through your first time breastfeeding.
Free breastfeeding support group
Our breastfeeding support group is free and allows you to connect with other new and nursing mothers. During group meetings, our certified lactation consultants are available for questions and guidance.
The group meets Wednesdays from 1:00pm to 3:00pm at:
Physicians Building Classroom
200 StoneCrest Blvd., Suite 180
Smyrna, TN 37167
The Lactation Boutique
The Lactation Boutique is in the maternity services area. In this shop, you will find the latest breastfeeding products and accessories, including:
- Breast pumps (including a pump rental service)
- Feeding supplies
- Herbs for lactation
- Nursing and pumping bras
- Nursing pillows
OB/GYN emergency room (ER)
Our dedicated obstetrics ER is specially equipped to deal with any serious issues that may occur before, during or after labor. Should you need emergency care for an obstetrics-related condition, our women's care team and emergency physicians will be immediately available to provide prompt, effective treatment. We have emergency beds on the obstetrics floor, ensuring we can provide care as soon as possible.
Directions to our hospital
TriStar StoneCrest is in Smyrna, Tennessee. We are south of Sam Ridley Parkway and east of Interstate 24. Our address is:
200 StoneCrest Blvd.
Smyrna, TN 37167
From Stonecrest Parkway, turn onto StoneCrest Boulevard to reach our parking lots. You can find parking outside the hospital's main entrance and by the ER entrance. Proceed inside to check-in for your appointment or class. The main admitting area is on the first floor of the hospital, just inside the main entrance.
Labor and delivery at TriStar Health
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery