Emergency room (ER) in Hermitage, Tennessee
Each year, we proudly serve more than 60,000 patients in Hermitage, Mt. Juliet, Lebanon and surrounding areas through the ER at TriStar Summit Medical Center. Our team combines advanced training with compassionate service to be there for your family when you need it the most. You will be cared for by board-certified, emergency physicians who are able to respond to any type of medical emergency - from the most serious life-threatening cases down to minor cuts that need a few stitches.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Faster emergency care
We know it can be stressful and scary when you need emergency care at an ER, so we want to make it as easy as possible to communicate and guide you through any situation. To that end, we have incorporated numerous features that allow team members to diagnose and treat you quickly and efficiently, including:
- Digital radiology equipment which allows radiologists and physicians to view X-rays simultaneously
- The use of two-way radios between key emergency personnel for faster team communication
- Simultaneous triage and treatment services
- A Level III Trauma Center on site
- Two critical care/trauma suites
- A separate ambulance entrance
- Bedside registration so paperwork does not delay medical care
Fast wait times
We collaborate with emergency medical services (EMS) to quickly identify your needs and ensure you get the care you need as fast as possible. Similarly, we want you to get care rapidly when you come to the ER on your own. In support of that, we continuously publish our ER wait times.
These wait times represent the average time it takes to be greeted by a qualified medical professional. They are a four-hour rolling average updated every 30 minutes. Because every condition is unique, we will make every effort to update you on the status of your care during your visit.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
As a Chest Pain Center accredited by the American College of Cardiology, we are committed to providing fast, exceptional care for patients with chest pain. More often than not, chest pain is a symptom of heart disease or heart attack. When blood vessels leading to the heart are blocked, it results in less blood, and therefore less oxygen, reaching the heart muscle.
When to come to the ER for chest pain
Chest pain of any type deserves a medical evaluation to determine its cause, especially if it is accompanied by:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness or loss of balance and coordination
- Unexplained anxiety
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
- Fatigue or general weakness
- Cold sweat
When a hemorrhagic or ischemic stroke happens, part of your brain cannot get the blood and oxygen it needs, so it begins to die. This happens when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is blocked. The faster you receive emergency medical treatment, the more likely you are to make a full recovery. That is why it is important to learn and recognize the symptoms of a stroke quickly.
Call 911 immediately if you suddenly experience:
- A severe headache with no known cause
- Numbness or weakness in your face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Difficulty walking or extreme dizziness
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Confusion or difficulty speaking and comprehending
Finding our ERs
We have an ER on our main campus in Hermitage and another in Mt. Juliet.
Our hospital-based address is:
5655 Frist Blvd.
Hermitage, TN 37076
Located off of Beckwith Road and Interstate 40 (Exit 229) and open 24/7, our TriStar Mt. Juliet ER allows us to extend our quality of care and provide services to patients in surrounding areas.
Our Mt. Juliet ER address is:
100 Wilfong Parkway
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
For more information or directions, please call our team at (615) 449-1100.
Emergency care at TriStar Health
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial
- The Outpatient Center at TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Ashland City
- TriStar Centennial
- TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital
- TriStar Greenview Regional
- TriStar Hendersonville
- TriStar Horizon
- TriStar Mt. Juliet ER
- TriStar Natchez ER
- TriStar Portland
- TriStar Skyline
- TriStar Southern Hills
- TriStar Spring Hill ER
- TriStar StoneCrest
- TriStar Summit